Thursday, August 1, 2019

Sabbatilog 2019 | Festival Gathering Epic Telling 3

Tonight was the Epic Telling at the Festival Gathering of the Network of Biblical Storytellers International.  I've been working on learning my passage, Acts 16:1-5, since I received it in March.  The past few days I spent trying to nail down the last section. 

The Epic Telling began at 7 p.m. and concluded at 9:20 p.m.  I was among 42 tellers, ranging in experience from first timers (me) to professional storytellers.  I especially enjoyed hearing the accents of the international tellers.  (Apparently in some English-speaking countries "shone" is pronounced "shawn" rather than "shown.")  There were quite a variety of styles, gestures, and approaches.  My passage was rather short; some were quite long.

In a previous post, I thanked the Northwestern Ohio Synod for its financial support of this educational opportunity.  I need to also thank my wife for taking vacation time to be with the kids so I could be here and give my full attention to learning and experiencing this week. 

Oh... I should probably mention that I did flub my lines a bit, but I was in good company.  One of the other tellers said Peter instead of Paul and one said Jesus instead of Paul.   

Already looking forward to next year!

Click Here to Watch the Video

No comments:

Post a Comment